How Do I Make A Car Out Of Fondant/gumpaste?

Decorating By HunneyBEE Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm by Price

HunneyBEE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HunneyBEE Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make a 50's Car topper out of fondant or gumpaste. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I have tried and am just stumped!

Thanks!!!

4 replies
MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 5

try making it out of rice krispy treats. I am giving it shot for the first time today for a jeep

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 5

Have a look at cake journal, there's a simple car tutorial that might help. How true to life does it need to be?
xx

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 5

i have one in my pics. it is of a racer. can,t think of the name of it right now. i used fondant/g/p mixed. i bought a replica at the walmart of it . took me several tries. but i got it. had nice compliments on it. i say , don,t give up, after several tries, you will see what you need to do after each try. that is how it is for me anyway. work in a cool room.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 5

A few years ago, when I was first starting to fool around with modeling with fondant, I made a car topper for my husband. It was supposed to be his 67 barracuda convertible. It might not have been the best or most efficient way, but it worked for me. I took a block of fondant about the length of what I wanted the car to be, and looking at a picture of his car, I just started shaping it. I used a block of black fondant to put underneath of the car in the center to raise it up so that I could put the wheels on the car. I've never tried making anything using the rice krispy treats, but that might be a good way to do it.

It always helps me to have a picture of what I'm trying to make in front of me. I try to get pictures of different angles.

Good luck and have fun with your project!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%