How To Get A Brick Texture To Fondant?

Decorating By KAMI_Cakes Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 7:39pm by KAMI_Cakes

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have pointers or suggestions how I can get a good brick texture on my fondant. I currently have a 4x6 plastic template but very time consuming trying to use that on a big piece of fondant. I tried searching the web for a textured rolling pin with limited results. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 4

Michael's carries Duff Goldman's cake supplies in some areas. He has a brick textured impression mat. Otherwise i believe any method is going to be time consuming, especially if you have to score the brick pattern into the fondant by hand using a ruller and your imagination. Unless you have a template cut out and can spray or airbrush the color on it. Maybe look for a set of drinking glasses that has a similar design and use that for a textured rolling pin. Do you want it to look like brick, or have the rough texture of a brick?

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 4

Is the 4x6 plastic template you are referring to an impression mat?
The clear with the brick pattern on it?
That is the only thing I thought of off the top of my head.
Maybe somewhere out there they sell the big one, but that I don't know.
Very large ones seem to be limited in my opinion.
Sorry I am not much help. The impression mat is all I could come up with.

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, it is the impression mat. I was hoping there was a bigger one or a rolling pin with the brick texture. I've found one, but it's only 6 inches. Was wondering if there was anything on the larger side. Thanks!

newbie just coming up in the game!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%