Stacking Tiers

Decorating By giglechk4u Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 3:55pm by hoosierhobbyist

giglechk4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giglechk4u Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 3

How do I stack several tiers of cake.For example, a 4 tier cake. I've seen SPS instructions using a plastic plate seperator. How can I do it without a plastic plate seperator. And doing it without the plastic seperator plate. Is it deliverable that way? Do you have any tips? The cake wont be chilled either. dont know if that makes a difference. Please help, I just got an order request for my first tiered cake and its a wedding cake! dont wanna ruin someones wedding!

2 replies
Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 3

When I stack cakes I use "Bubble Tea" straws. They are very thick and sturday straws. Do a Google search on them. They can be found just about anywhere. I travel with the cakes just fine. If you look at my photos the Spider-man and Spongebob cakes are both done this way. Also, my cakes are not chilled. They are delivered at room temp.

HTH

=)

hoosierhobbyist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoosierhobbyist Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 3

You can also use "cake jacks" which are adjuctable. They are like plastic dowels, but you can stack without the seperator plates. I use Cake Jacks and either cardboard bases or cake drums, depending on how tall I'm stacking. Once assembled, drive a center stake through all tiers and deliver. All my cakes are also room temp, not chilled. Never had a single shift!

Cake jacks are sold by Country Kicthen Sweet Art or CK Products for wholesale. They are also reusable or cheap enough to be disposable, just figure their cost into your cake price.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%