How Do I Make This Fbct?

Decorating By tanya1120 Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 1:14pm by melmar02

tanya1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanya1120 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 16

Hello all,

I have to make a graduation cake for next Saturday and I was planning on making the logo where the grad is going to school as a FBCT. I have done one before, a Harley Davidson logo, but it didn't turn out so great. I will try to put a link of the logo in here. If someone could please tell me how to do it, I am at a loss here.

http://www.cesu.umn.edu/images/PartnerLogos/SFA_Texas_logo.gif

When I did the Harley logo, I outlined it in black but this doesn't have any black in it. So I'm not sure what colors to put where. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

15 replies
brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 16

On the mirror image of the logo, I would probably do the outlines in the corresponding colors (blue and red) then fill/flood in the white. Just a thought. Does it have to be FBCT or could it be royal icing or color flow? Just a thought.

Catherine

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 16

Just use the red outline of the letters as your outline. I made my granddaughter a ballerina on a cake with FBCT and I didn't want to outiline in black so I outlined in the colors of the little girl - flesh color for her body, brown for her hair, etc. It turned out great (in my pics) and you couldn't tell where the outlines were.

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 16

For this logo, I would start with the red, since it connects all the way through. Once that's done, move to the blue. Pop it into the freezer for at least an hour or so. Take it out and fill it in with the white - make sure you get it in all the little cracks and crevices and then pop it back into the freezer. Should be ready to go after an hour or so (though, I like to leave mine overnight or longer). Just remember, before you start, to print it out in reverse! Sometimes I forget...... Lots of luck!

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 16

i haven't had a whole lot of sucess with FBCT yet, but i've recently seen a neat trick and will be trying it out tonight...tape your pic inside a squre glass pan (inside) on the bottom of the pan (upside down) roll out a thin piece of gum paste place on to of the glass pan (on the bottom) place a light underneath and you should be able to see through the gum paste. then just paint with your food colors right onto the gumpaste. HTH!

impala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
impala Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 16

I also have done the gumpaste throught a light box. The dairy of the whipmy kid cake in my photos was done that way. What I did was put the image I needed on the light box then wax paper and then the fondant. I was able to out line everything I needed.

tanya1120 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 16

Thanks for all your help!!! luv_to_decorate your ballerina did turn out really great!! I haven't heard about the light box but it sounds quite fun to try. I will have to give that a try sometime. I think I will try to do what
DetailsbyDawn suggested. So, I will out line it in red and the star. Then I will outline the Texas shape in blue and the letters and fill them in. Then put it in the freezer and then fill the rest in with white. Does that sound like a good way to do it? I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, this is my first big order and I'm quite nervous lol. Thanks again for everyone's help!

DetailsByDawn Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:55pm
post #8 of 16

The good thing is that you can peel it off the parchment paper once frozen, and check it first! You won't ever have to put a FBCT on your cake that didn't turn out and wonder how in the world you can get it off. Always check it. Once it's done, peel it off the parchment and turn it onto another piece of parchment, so you're looking at the top side. If everything is okay, you're good to go! Put it on right away or return to the freezer for storage! Lots of luck, you'll do great!

tanya1120 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:05pm
post #9 of 16

Thanks so much! You answered a question I was about to ask. I was going to ask if I should use wax paper or parchment. Oh and what color would that blue be? Would that be royal blue?

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:45pm
post #10 of 16

I would probably add a little navy blue to royal blue to get that dark color.

tanya1120 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 8:29pm
post #11 of 16

I thought it was royal blue, but that blue is kind of dark. I will add some navy blue and see how it turns out. Thanks!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:26pm
post #12 of 16

Someone in Ohio is going to SFA? I'm a texas girl and our nickname for SFA is the school for alcoholicsicon_smile.gif It's a very big party school in East Texas. My sis went there so the above is said loving.

Sorry to hi-jack the post. Good luck with your FBCTicon_smile.gif

DetailsByDawn Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:40pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya1120

Thanks so much! You answered a question I was about to ask. I was going to ask if I should use wax paper or parchment. Oh and what color would that blue be? Would that be royal blue?

Wax in a pinch. Parchment in every other case - it works everytime!

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:54pm
post #14 of 16

Tanya -
I'm a SFA Alumni Clas of 2000 - IT SHOULD BE PURPLE NOT BLUE. The color is way off on that clip.

Please post a pic when you are done - I would love to see it!

tanya1120 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:42pm
post #15 of 16

Melmar02 I wikipedia SFA and it is purple! Wow that could have been really embarrassing!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/StephenFAustin.png

Is this how it should look? Thanks for telling me that.

sillywabbitz yes my mom's friend's son is going there. That's funny what they call it lol.

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:14pm
post #16 of 16

Tanya -
Sorry - I haven't checked the forums again after my last post until now. I hope your cake turned out well. Please post pictures - I'm sure it was awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%