Bloody Caesar Drink....

Decorating By ihateveggies Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 4:49pm by cheatize

ihateveggies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihateveggies Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 12

Hello All - I'm brand new to this board - I really hope you can help me with my cake!

A customer would like a "Bloody Caesar" drink cake - its tomato juice with alcohol in it - a pepper around the rim of the glass & celery in it....

The drink itself makes sense - but HOW DO I DO A GLASS? If I make a long stacked cake resembling a drink, add a rim to it to put the pepper on - it still won't look like a glass on the outside?

I've searched the net & can't find anything similar to get ideas from.

Can I get some expert help?

THanks!!!

11 replies
Wendl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendl Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 12

Do you mean a Bloody Mary? Try looking that up, I think they told you the wrong name. In all my years of being a cocktail enthusiast, I have heard of no such drink as the Bloody Caesar. HTH.

ihateveggies Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 12

I think its a Canadian thing....but yes it is similar to that....Are there cake pics that look like a Bloody Mary?

Found this online:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)
(mod. edited to provide link.)

ihateveggies Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 12

Has anyone made a glass looking cake? (I don't need the cake to taste like the drink but rather in the shape of it - All I can find online are recipes for cakes)

windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 12

Do they want the entire cake to look like the drink, or would they be happy with a sugar glass on top of the cake? Take a look at the martini glass cakes in the following link, and maybe it will help you with some ideas:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=martini+glass&album=-&search_user=

ihateveggies Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 12

I think they would be happy with the glass on the cake & the ingredients (celery, Clamato juice etc) on the cake - but wouldn't I need a silicone mold for the cup? (I've never done sugar before but i have a bag of Isomalt at home)

windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 12

Yes, you'd need a mold for the glass; Check out the Make Your Own Molds forum, and the beer bottle tutorial. The molds are pretty easy to make, as long as you follow the step by step instructions, and Dominic is super helpful if you have questions or problems.

If you don't need the glass to look super-realistic, you could use gumpaste, and paint it the color you need. That way you wouldn't need to make a mold.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:21am
post #8 of 12

How many servings? There are large alcohol glasses near the floral aisle in craft stores. I've used one to make a margarita cake before. If that's too small (a six inch cake fit in mine), you could put it on top of another cake to get the servings you need.

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:36am
post #9 of 12

How about just steaming the red fondant on the sides of the cake to make it look shiney like the sides of a glass?????

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:04am
post #10 of 12

If you are willing to consider making it really big, you could always use a trifle bowl.

ihateveggies Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:26pm
post #11 of 12

isn't it hard to get out if its in a glass?(I had thought about that but wasn't sure how they would get the cake out of it?)

I also thought of making it shiney on the outside - maybe painting piping gel on it but wasn't sure how that would look either....

I don't own any of the stuff to make the mold - but I'll have a look at the tutorial to see if I could swing it...having never tried before icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:49pm
post #12 of 12

No. You either slip a knife down the size to pull it up or cut and serve from the glass.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%