Cub Scout Fbct Help

Decorating By mommytojared Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 7:13pm by Enchantedcakes

mommytojared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommytojared Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:24am
post #1 of 4

Please help!!! I am a NOVICE caker.... I need to make a cub scout crossover cake, it's a sheet cake... I need to know where to get the rank patch images that you all have used on here, and how did you know how to size them etc? Can you give me any what not to do, and tips on what to do to make this a success... I have 3 days to pull this cake off... if it works, it will rock... if not, there is no plan B... I appreciate all your help!!!!

Melissa
icon_lol.gif

3 replies
Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 4

The offical place to get cubscout clipart is http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/

if they do not have what you are looking for just google tiger badge,bear badge etc. and serach images

copy the images to paint then select the image and go to flip roate image and flip horizontal so that it prints reveresed so that when you flip your FBC it is correct.

measure the size on the sheetcake that you would like the FBCT to be
arange your images in paint and then adjust the size to be what you need.

mommytojared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommytojared Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you SOO much!!!! I'm hoping I can make the pack numbers too.... and if I could find a bridge image... well that would complete it all!!

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 4

I have been a den leader since my son was a wolf now he is a 2nd year webelos I have made the cake for blue and gold every year. This year we had over 100 people at the blue and gold so I made a cupcake tower and I let the boys make the cupcake toppers. They tied knots with gum paste and made fire out of modeling chocolate and we molded the cub scout emblem out of chocolate, I have boy scout and cub scout chocolate molds that I got from the local scout shop. My son will be crossing over in January and I am already planning the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%