Cake Boss (The Show) I Hate To Be A Downer But......

Lounge By multilayered Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 5:10pm by LindaF144a

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 6:09pm
post #91 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144

Loved last night's show. When he was doing the piping both my DD and I just watched in awe. I wish I had taped it because the close up shots of him doing that piping were like getting a mini lesson. I don't usually buy DVDs of TV shows, but I will be for this one.

I am pretty sure Cake Boss is available to watch on demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

That cake was exquisite! I thought of this thread too, but my mind didn't need to be changed. I am of the opinion that once you take away the drama, and the Oprah magazines, and the cakes that look like cars and robots and his wife, Buddy is the most talented cake decorator on TV right now. The drama is killing me, though...that sequence of his sister and nephew with the food was just disgusting to me.

I agree. But I think that has to to with TLC more than the bakery. Their cakes and pasties look so good, but pickles with chocolate was definitely disgusting!!!

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 6:17pm
post #92 of 95

I Love this show and was in awe of the Marie Antoinette cake. I will admit though that I was also seriously disappointed in the stack of O magazines. They didn't seem overly awed by it either. He's very talented and I do enjoy the show.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:55pm
post #93 of 95

I bought the 10th anniversary edition of O with the cakes in it and although strictly from a non-theme viewpoint the Ron-Ben Israel cake was the most gorgeous (as in OMG OMG OMG gorgeous) Buddy's magazine cake was a close second plus it actually represented the theme (celebrating a magazine's 10th anniversary) Ron's cake was just basically a wedding cake (albeit an insanely perfectly gorgeous oneicon_smile.gif)

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:05pm
post #94 of 95

Pickles with chocolate?
Ooh, I foresee a nice April Fools with that...

hm....
Pickle relish filled truffles?

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:10pm
post #95 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by au_decorator_76

I Love this show and was in awe of the Marie Antoinette cake. I will admit though that I was also seriously disappointed in the stack of O magazines. They didn't seem overly awed by it either. He's very talented and I do enjoy the show.

When I saw the photo of Buddy standing next to his cake, my first reaction was to wondering why he was posing with a bunch of O magazines. Then I read the caption and found out the magazines were actually cakes. I found that amazing that they were so realistic that I did not realize they were cakes. And in the magazine for that month they had his recipe for Red Velvet cake too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%