Where To Ask For Reviews?

Business By cai0311 Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 2:22pm by Jen1002

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 5

I have a free listing on just about every website out there. Some allow reviews to be posted. In the past I have asked for reviews on either my Google account (where just about everyone finds me) or Wedding Wire (when you get 3 great reviews in a year they give you a Bride's Choice Award status). Last month I signed up with The Knot and as of this month they allow reviews on The Wedding Channel website. Besides those 3, I think there are 3 or 4 more sites that allow reviews I am on.

So my question is, when you ask for reviews where do you ask for them to be posted. I know The Knot is a place that most brides go to look (I lived on that site when planning my wedding), but if I don't keep the service I will lose those reviews when my listing is deleted.

4 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 5

No one else asks for reviews? icon_confused.gif

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 5

I will be asking for reviews as soon as I get an order from a contact at the knot.com. so far I've had a tasting and a cancelled order from there. hopefully my tasting today will result in a booking... this one's also from the knot.
so far, I just have a couple of reviews on my website.
I think I'll ask the client to post a review in the after event thank you note I send out.

Maria

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 5

Never have asked for a review...but, love when they give one. Most of mine do it on the forums of the Knot or Wedding Wire and of course...facebook.

Jen1002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen1002 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 5

I send my brides a link to the site where they can post a review and in return I give them a $5 or $10 off next order as my way of saying thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%