I Need Help With A Graduation Cake Please:)

Decorating By piemaker39 Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 5:26pm by rsweety2

piemaker39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
piemaker39 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 5

I am very new to cake decorating.My son asked me to make his cake for graduation ugh Im nervous!I thought it would be easier to make individual cakes than to make a large one! so how far ahead can I make them if im filling some with strawberries and cream filling?what is an easy way to make little caps and scrolls?Some are going to be just iced in butter cream with fondant accents.Some covered in fondant and they will be square I think.

4 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

the diploma, can be gumpaste and just roll it up and I painted the edges gold. You can also use fondant, but it wont get stiff unless you add tylose.
the cap..you can simply cut a square of cardboard and cover it with fondant and tassels and for under the cardboard you can use a cupcake cover it with bc and then fondant. I have pics on my page. hth

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
piemaker39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
piemaker39 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 5

Im not familiar with tylose or gumpaste Im a newbie to cake decorating.So the easier the better!Will fondant harden?Your cake pics are gorgeous!Hopefully I can be that good at decorating. icon_biggrin.gif

rsweety2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsweety2 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 5

can anyone tell me what the easiest way to torte a 16in cake im making a grauation cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%