Two Flavors ... One Pan ?'s

Decorating By JustABite Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 6:03pm by JustABite

JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 10

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I just am not have ANY luck in searching this out.

I need to do 1/2 white 1/2 choc sheet cake. ( I know, I know some of you don't "DO" sheet cakes. LOL icon_biggrin.gif ) I am guessing there is a pan divider out there, but i just figured you creative ladies have come up with some other was to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help you can give. I love to read and expand my knowledge through all of you!

I am finally getting ready to start my first ever decorating classes. SOOOO excited! Anyone have input to the classes from Country Kitchen Sweet Art in Fort Wayne, Indiana? I just can not wait to start!

Sorry so long! And thanks for the help!

Renee

9 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 10

I've done this - I made my own divider out of aluminum foil and just removed it after I had both sides filled. Don't leave it in to bake - the flavors won't run together.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 10

I do this all the time, you don't need any special equipment. Make both batters, get the pan ready and rest one end of the pan on a plate or even folded dish towel and pour the batter in the opposite end (the low end). Remove the support and quickly pour the other batter on the other side and the 2 batters will meet in the middle. This only works if the batters have similar baking times

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 10

I am doing the same cake. Since I am new I don't have a sheet pan so I am just baking a 1/2 sheet white and 1/2 sheet chocolate and putting them together. There isn't really anything going on top so I figured it would work out ok. They both have different fillings as well. I am guessing that the hardest part would be getting them even!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 10

its really great if you have another person to be pouring one batter in pne end as you are doing the other simultaneously. If you can cut a wedge of cake board to fit in the middle you can pour one side then the other yourself, I do this alot

Addie2580 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addie2580 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

I've done this - I made my own divider out of aluminum foil and just removed it after I had both sides filled. Don't leave it in to bake - the flavors won't run together.

I agree with Kimmers, I've done this before and it works great.
Good luck!! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 10

You don't need a divider. It's batter, not Kool-Aid. It won't run into each other and blend. The batter will meet in the middle and stop (like lava).

I can't remember the last cake I made that WASN'T half-n-half.

Turn a saucer upside down on the counter, or place a rolled-up towel down. Set one end of the pan on this to elevate it. Pour the first flavor in the lower end of the pan. Then add the 2nd flavor, lowering the pan from the elevated state.

Bingo Bango ready for the oven!

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 10

Debi -- just noticed your title. When did they add the category of "forum matriarch"? I'm laughing -- couldn't you talk them into "forum queen" or "czarina"? Something with a little royal cache?

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 10

Here's a video that shows you how to do it:

I did this for the first time about a month ago. It's SUPER EASY!

JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks to all for the replies! I really thought this would work, but I just wondered if it seemed "to easy" of an answer. Glad I was on the right track.

Well here I go.... hope it works!

Thanks again, you are all the BEST! My I become a fraction as talented as you.

Renee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%