Uploading A Copied Cake

Decorating By alman Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 5:39pm by TexasSugar

alman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alman Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 7

I want to upload a cake (which has been a while). However, I copied a cake from someone I found on a website. I am still going to mention who I copied it from (she's not famous nor does she sell cakes), but I am unsure as to CS standard agreement. Please help me out on this if you can. Thanks.

6 replies
katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 7

I no legal expert, but there are plenty of folks who post pics of..."this is the pic of the cake the client wants (someone else's design) and here's a pic of my version" etc. It seems to me that as long as you don't claim to have originated the design and tell that it is your take on a cake designed by so-and-so...you should be okay.

But like I said...I'm no legal expert icon_rolleyes.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 7

As long as it is a picture of your cake, then you can upload it. It is nice to give credit to the original designer if you know who they are.

alman Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks ya'll...I was concerned because I never had to verify what I was uploading before.

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 7

Do you mean uploading on to Cake Central or onto a business website? On CC, people post their versions of popular designs all the time -- I mean ALL THE TIME. If it's your business website, showing your work, you might want to think about it. I doubt that there is any legal problem, but you might prefer to advertise with your own original designs.

alman Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 7

Nope, just uploading to CC...I'm such a ditz and misinterpreted the part that asks "is this a duplicate cake." Duh, I have been in a fog today...lol.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 7

Usually when you have a place to click to verify that the picture is yours it means just that, that you own the rights to the picture, such as you took it. Not that the idea or design is yours alone.

As long as you took a picture of a cake you did, you can post it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%