Frosting Cuppies The Day Before?

Baking By PeytonsMom0207 Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 3:16am by marisajfranco

PeytonsMom0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeytonsMom0207 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyoneicon_smile.gif I have read many posts about freezing your cuppies unfrosted, but I am in a jam and looking for advice. I am in a wedding Saturday morning and am also making the cupcakes and pies for the dessert table. My sister didn't want cake.

Because of the time crunch Sat. morning there is no way to frost them that day. Can I do the baking and frosting on Friday and store them in bakery boxes on the counter over night? Is there a frosting that would work better for this, as I don't want to leave out a frosting that can't be at room temp.

Please help fellow CC'ersicon_smile.gif Thanks

7 replies
PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 8

I made and iced cupcakes last night with regular buttercream, stored them in cake boxes ready for today. They were fine. I used crusting buttercream and thinned it down for the consistance I wanted. I like the cooked buttercream the best for cupcakes thou and am pretty sure they can sit out overnight. HTH

PeytonsMom0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeytonsMom0207 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 8

What size cake boxes did you use? I am making about 150 cupcakes, would three of the large boxes be enough?

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 8

I don't see a problem with this as all. The frosting I use would be just fine left out overnight at room temp. Here is a link to the recipe http://www.thatreallyfrostsme.com/2010/04/my-favorite-frostingicing.html

Enjoy your sisters wedding!

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 8

I used the 12x18 cake box, I only needed 24 cupcakes (for sons school), I used the cupcake holders and 24 fit perfectly.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 8

I just did 5doz cuppies this past weekend - baked Friday night, iced Saturday morning, stored in plastic clamshell cupcake boxes, Sunday delivery. They were just fine. icon_smile.gif Actually, I had a couple extras that I stored in the plastic Tupperware cupcake carrier; I had one with lunch today and it still tasted fresh.

I used Sugarshack's buttercream and it holds up magnificently.

bakescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescupcakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:02am
post #7 of 8

I generally bake and freeze cupcakes unfrosted days before I need them, just so I'm not rushed. Then on the required day (which would be Friday for you) I would take them out, defrost and frost/ice them. They will be fine left overnight, but don't put any decorations (fondant)on them until the morning of wedding or they (decortions) will go soft if on cupcakes in containers. I use buttercream made with butter, IMBC and ganache and have never had any problems.

marisajfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisajfranco Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:16am
post #8 of 8

Ilive in Brazil and I don't know what is IMBC I use only butter and suggar for my frosting is that correct? May be shortenig leave its Thin or what?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%