Buying My First Cake Plateau - Need Some Help

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 2:00am by iamcakin

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 3

I have a wedding this month and need to order a square silver cake plateau. Does anyone have any suggestions where a good place to order one would be? I am located in NY. Also my largest tier will be a 14". Should I get a 14' plateau or should I go the next size larger? Sorry, I never used one and super nervous for some reason. Thank you!!

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 1:43am
post #2 of 3

Here you go:

http://www.weddingcakestands.com/

The website has photos of the plateaus with cakes on them - so that should help you to decide icon_smile.gif

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 2:00am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcakes5

I have a wedding this month and need to order a square silver cake plateau. Does anyone have any suggestions where a good place to order one would be? I am located in NY. Also my largest tier will be a 14". Should I get a 14' plateau or should I go the next size larger? Sorry, I never used one and super nervous for some reason. Thank you!!

Don't be nervous! You'll need a larger size than your bottom tier-in my opinion. If my cake is a 14 inch, then I use a 16inch drum or larger, and a plateau that is at least an 18. Look on ebay if you are looking to buy one, or all party rental companies in my area rent them. Even if you plan on buying one, you may want to go look at the different styles - take your cake pans to the rental company, stack them and see what you think.

HTH, and good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%