Bought Sams Bc Today, Can I Flavor It? What With?

Baking By chellescountrycakes Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 2:10pm by tab26852

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, I bought some and its not bad icon_smile.gif it will save me lots of time- but I was wondering if I could tweak it a little. can I add some flavor to it?

I thought about doing strawberry flavored fondant and wanted to see if I could do a little something in the sams BC to make it flavored like strawberry.

Also, for the future, can I put coffee creamer in it?

has anyone tried the expresso mix that you just add water to?

I have never done almond, and have had lots tell me they didnt like it, so I'm looking for something a little differnt.

ALSO, does sams BC crust? how well?? I need to make a cake tonight (VERY short notice cake, benifit for a friend who died) and I need crusting BC to make the cake.

Thanks y'all ! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 7

It crusts very well, smooths very well, too. I would use VIVA paper towels (a great investment). I found that it took large amounts of flavoring to barely change the flavor of the icing. Lorann strawberry oil may make more of a significant difference. I didn't have a reason to thin it with anymore liquid, as it is already a great consistency.

chellescountrycakes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:30am
post #3 of 7

Thanks, I got some strawberry flavored mccormicks or addams, or whatever, because they didnt have any other kind... I'll test it out icon_smile.gif

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 7

I use the Torani syrups to flavor the bettercream when I use it, raspberry, coffee etc./ They taste great!

chellescountrycakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 7

Dang, I dont think I can get those locally..

and I couldnt get it to smooth with viva or anything else. it just pulled right off. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I used to get them so smooth, and lately, I havent been able to smooth a cake for teh life of me. even after hours of working on it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 7

I think they sell those syrups at SAm's too!! Check the coffee aisle...they're huge bottles for under $5 a bottle!

tab26852 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab26852 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 7

I also just tried sams bc for the first time I added almond flavoring to it really liked the taste

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%