Scratch Chai Spice

Baking By neecerator Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 9:58pm by neecerator

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 11

I just wanted to say a huge "Thank you!" to the person who posted the Chai Spice recipe in the recent scratch cakes recipe link here on CC. I made it for my daughter's bridal shower cake, and it was delicious! I wanted to give credit where credit is due, but I didn't see anyone's name on it. So Thanks!
Sincerely,
Neecerator

10 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 11

Alright neecerator, I'm intrigued. Where's the recipe?

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 11

Can someone point me in the right direction for the recipe? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif I tired a search and also looked in the forum itself. I would really love to try this recipe. TIA thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
evelyn

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 11

Mmmmm that sounds good!!!! I'll be looking for that!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 11

I'm interested in the recipe, too! I don't do many cakes, and I don't have room to store the boxes of cake mix required for WASC - so I've been trying scratch recipes.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 11

that one shows who submitted that one...OP says she can't find the contributor...is there another? I did look...but I am hesitant to dive into that looooooooooong thread...oh, gosh it is sooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooong.

neecerator Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 11

Hello Friends:
I'm so very sorry, I hadn't marked to keep watching this forum, so I will find the recipe and attach it. Yes, it is very hard to find! Fortunately I copied it into a Word document so that I could keep it. It doesn't have much detail other than a list of the ingredients. I'm so addicted to Chai Tea. I found Decaf Chai "TAZO" mix at Target, and it's awesome! It saves me so much money as compared to Starbucks or Panera Bread's Chai Tea.

Anyhow, here it is: (Let me know what you think, once you've made it)
I baked mine at 325F until cake tester came out clean. It's not too spicy, just a hint of Chai, and almond-flavoured buttercream underneath almond flavoured fondant was fab! There is a picture of it in my photos, "shower cake."

I cut this recipe in half and it made 2x6" cakes and 2x8" cakes, for a total of 4 cakes! Thanks again to whomever shared this recipe!

Chai Spice

2 boxes white cake mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teas. salt
8 egg whites
2 2/3 cups chai spice concentrate
4 Tbls. vegetable oil
2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream
2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor
2 teaspoons almond extract

Good luck!

all4cake Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:22pm
post #9 of 11

I'll have to wait until I remember to buy some mix. I thought it was a scratch scratch. I'll have to think about that one. is chai spice concentrate a powder or a liquid? is it on the tea isle? I'd gotten some of the creamer powder before and loved the smell of it...haven't used it yet though.

all4cake Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:22pm
post #10 of 11

oops! Thanks for posting the recipe!

neecerator Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 9:58pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I'll have to wait until I remember to buy some mix. I thought it was a scratch scratch. I'll have to think about that one. is chai spice concentrate a powder or a liquid? is it on the tea isle? I'd gotten some of the creamer powder before and loved the smell of it...haven't used it yet though.

Hi: It's a liquid that I used, and it's in a tetra packaging. "Tazo" is the brand, and I got Decaf Chai, approx. $3.99 from Target. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%