Help...didn't Add Enough Water To Wasc

Baking By twinsplus1 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 9:55pm by mamawrobin

twinsplus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsplus1 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:13am
post #1 of 6

I only added 1 2/3 cup of water to the WASC recipe and added 10 egg whites instead of 8! I don't know where my head was while I was mixing up this cake. What to do now? Will the cake be terribly dry? Anything I can do to save it? Cake is already cooked.

5 replies
KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:42am
post #2 of 6

I don't think there is any way to know without cutting the cake and trying it. If the cake is for other people or a party, I would rebake.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:56am
post #3 of 6

Would using simple syrup help?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 7:58am
post #4 of 6

The WASC recipe that I use doesn't call for that much water. I think it will be fine and in my opinion less sticky. I've used the recipe that you used and I think it's too much liquid anyway.

twinsplus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsplus1 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 6

Mamarobin, what recipe do you use? I didn't realize there was more than one WASC (can you tell i'm new at this). Anyway, the top part I cut off to level the cake was good. I'm going to go with it this time.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsplus1

Mamarobin, what recipe do you use? I didn't realize there was more than one WASC (can you tell i'm new at this). Anyway, the top part I cut off to level the cake was good. I'm going to go with it this time.

I use the "origional WASC" recipe by kakeladi. You can find it on this site.
I didn't like the other WASC recipe that I tried. I thought it was wet and sticky. I love her recipe and it doesn't have any oil in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%