Decorators Buttercream Icing

Decorating By MOMONCALL456 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 6:58am by lorieleann

MOMONCALL456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOMONCALL456 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:48am
post #1 of 3

What is "decorators buttercream icing"?
Is it different from "buttercream icing" > If so swhat is the difference
I am a novice and i came across this while researching the best way to ice/decorate mini mould individual lady bug cakes for my daugter's birthday
appreciate help in advance

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #2 of 3

Decorator's buttercream refers to a shortening and powdered sugar based buttercream.

Other buttercreams are meringue based using egg whites or yolks, hot sugar syrup, and primarily butter.

There are some other hybrids out there, but that's the simple explanation.


lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:58am
post #3 of 3

the first time i've seen 'decorator's buttercream' is from the Wilton classes. Their website has their recipe there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%