Cake Boss Sponge

Decorating By Cakelayer Updated 31 May 2010 , 8:35am by sweettreat101

Cakelayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelayer Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 4

Watching "Cake Boss" I've heard them refer to the cakes as "sponge". Do they really mean the tradition sponge cake or is that just a term that means a regular butter type cake?


3 replies
Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 30 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 4

I always thought that is just what they call it. The texture of their cakes looks too dense to be sponge.

I just figured that maybe back in the day, to make carved cakes or more elaborate cakes they actually used sponge cake all the time. So now, they just refer to all cake as sponge.

You're not alone... I was wondering the same myself many times! icon_smile.gif

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 30 May 2010 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 4

do they not use pound cake for most things?

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 31 May 2010 , 8:35am
post #4 of 4

Email Buddy. He is very nice. I had a bride that wanted one of his cake designs and when I emailed his bakery the told me to call and talk to Buddy. I couldn't believe he would take the time to talk to me. Great man.

Quote by @%username% on %date%