Where Can I Get Edible Ink Printing Done?

Decorating By Gillicious Updated 1 Apr 2013 , 12:46am by wilma c

Gillicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gillicious Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 14

I did a search in our forums and I didn't find anything on this topic so i apologize if this is a duplicate posting.
I need to get edible images printed but am not prepared to fork over the dough to get my own system yet because the demand is not there. I am in Toronto and am wondering if anyone knows of places who will print them for you and for how much?
any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

13 replies
PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 14

Grocery store bakeries will typically make copies for you. I paid $8 per sheet. I just bought my own printer and love it.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 14

I used to have my own system but it was too hard to keep it up, and it ended up getting messed up. So now if I HAVE to have a sheet, I order it.

I found a place in NYC that does it that I've been pretty happy with how they do it, they are more "casual" (not sure if they even have a real "business" or whatever) and they email you back and forth directly about what you need. I've ordered from them twice so far. If you PM me I will send you his email address.

I tried the grocery store but found their ink to be poor quality, and the computer was so slow I felt terrible taking them away from their work for the entire 15 minutes it took to boot the thing up and try to print from my SD card.

sweetpeachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpeachcakes Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 14

you can probably contact Icing Images directly to order whenever you need one. I'm sure they ship all the time.

Kitagrl Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 14

I will say that so far the ink color was best when I printed myself. All other places I've ordered I've had anywhere from mild to severe ink color problems (used icing images too, they have great customer service, and I got good images from them, but also got a bad one too...the new one I use is a little cheaper).

I don't know if the temp changes during shipping messes up the tints or what.

Britt-K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britt-K Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:26am
post #6 of 14

You can buy them from your local grocery store's bakery. Mine charges $6 a sheet. You just bring in a photo and they scan the photo in and reprint it.

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:26am
post #7 of 14

I've ordered some custom edible images from ebay before. Just check out their feedback and make sure their reputable. I did that before I realized I could get one from Walmart bakeries.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:23pm
post #8 of 14

[quote="Gillicious"]I did a search in our forums and I didn't find anything on this topic so i apologize if this is a duplicate posting.
I need to get edible images printed but am not prepared to fork over the dough to get my own system yet because the demand is not there. I am in Toronto and am wondering if anyone knows of places who will print them for you and for how much?
any help is greatly appreciated thank you.[/quote

Hi,
We dont ship images to Canada, but we do ship supplies. I have a customer in the Toronto area that can help you. Her website is www.gourmetsquare.com let her know we sent you and she will take good care of you. She is a hoot!!!

Also, Kitagirl, I just emailed you, I wasnt sure what happened with the image, but please pm me back as if there is a problem, any problem with our product, we need to know. One of my staff members may already have taken care of it, but I wanted to be sure!!!!

Kitagrl Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:20pm
post #9 of 14

Yes, Icing Images, you guys have always had great customer service! I wasn't trying to down your business at all and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I've just had alot of bad luck ordering images overall, I don't know if weather affects the images or what....they come back often (not always) in the wrong colors...I wish I still had my own printer but since I ruined mine, I am not going to go through investing in another one.

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

(I will say that Icing Images has the BEST plastic backed, thick sturdy icing sheets of anyone!!!!)

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:29pm
post #10 of 14

I have found http://www.tastyfotoart.com/ to give great service.

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 14

Wow! I'm glad for this information. I didn't know walmart bakery will do this! thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 31 May 2010 , 8:13pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC22504

Wow! I'm glad for this information. I didn't know walmart bakery will do this! thumbs_up.gif

If you cant get it done, pm me and I will get you the name of someone who will help you!

s_mhammad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_mhammad Posted 9 May 2011 , 4:40am
post #13 of 14

I just came across this post. I am also in the Toronto area and need an edible image printed for Sat May 14th. Can anyone help me find a contact??? Thanks!!!!

wilma c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wilma c Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 12:46am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mhammad 

I just came across this post. I am also in the Toronto area and need an edible image printed for Sat May 14th. Can anyone help me find a contact??? Thanks!!!!

i was searching and found this post...

it's been 3yrs since your post above. so did you ever got the chance to have an edible image printed?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%