How Do You Charge For Delivery?

Business By CiNoRi Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 2:27pm by cas17

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to figure out the best way to figure up charging for delivery... How do you do it?

Thanks!!!

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 7

I charge by mile.

I started figuring my price with the 50cents that i can get reimbursed from the government for wear and tear on my vehicle. Then I figured in about how far i can drive in one hour. For me i can avg about 50 miles in an hr in my area (more highways, some city-but still pretty quick) where someone in a large city like Chicago/New York may only be able to drive 20 miles in an hr.

So i figure how much i need to make during that hour to make it profitable for me NOT to be working on another cake. Divide that hourly rate by 50 miles and add the 50 cents to it. (or divide by however many miles you can travel in an hour on avg)

There is my charge per mile ONE way. Don't forget to charge for the drive back!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 May 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 7

"$1.25 per round trip mile, based on Mapquest's mileage with a starting zip code of xxxxxx."

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 7

$1.00 per roundtrip mile based on Mapquest mileage from my shop address to the venue address for cakes outside of central AR. For cakes over $150, local delivery is free, otherwise, local delivery is $35.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 7

I only charge per mile one way to the venue! I charge $1.00/mile one way....vs telling the bride $.50/mile each way or whatever.....most times I'm going somewhere else besides BACK home anyhow and it's easier to just google directions and turn the miles into $

I'm thinking my charge is going to have to go up soon though! I think the gov. reimbursment rate is over $.50/mile (it was about that when I came up with the $1 one way...(basically covers to and from based on the gov. rate)....time to increase it I think......although so far I do feel like it has more than covered my gas, time, wear and tear!

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 7

first 10 miles free $1.00 a mile after that..

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:27pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbymark

first 10 miles free $1.00 a mile after that..

this is my method as well per yahoo maps from my driveway to the venue and back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%