Anyone Involved In Free Cakes For Kids?

Lounge By SugarNSpiceDiva Updated 30 May 2010 , 11:15pm by JGMB

SugarNSpiceDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarNSpiceDiva Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how to get involved with Free Cakes for Kids? We just moved and I want to work on my skills a little more before I start looking into investing in renting a kitchen. Plus, I know there are a lot of families in my area that could use the help. I really want to get involved, because when I was a kid, my parents didn't have the money for birthdays either, so I know the feeling.

I'd like to start a chapter in my area if there is not one already. Several of my in-laws around here work with children. I told them about it already, and they are excited to get the ball rolling, and get Free Cakes for Kids going out here. We can get advertising, discounts from places and my mother-in-law knows some groups that might be willing to offer donations. There is really a need out here, and I'm sure I can make this a big thing and possibly get other bakers involved.

I'm just not sure how to get a hold of them. I sent them a message on their website, but haven't heard back yet. I'm sure they get lots of messages. I don't want to get started with stuff, such as flyers, business cards and getting other people involved without reaching them first. So I have all my resourcse on stand-by until I give them a go.

Does anyone know what I should do or a better way to get a hold of them?

Thank you in advance!

Sarah

1 reply
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 2

There have been a couple of other threads about this on CC. Here's a link to one:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-620363-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%