Does Anyone Know How To Do This???????

Decorating By megan81 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 12:49pm by KHalstead

megan81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megan81 Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 9

Just wondering if anyone knows how this is done??? My writing is horrible and would love to know how to do this icon_biggrin.gif
LL

8 replies
Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 9

edible images?

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 9

I was thinking edible images also. But what you could do is print off the text you want in the font you want on regular paper, then trace it with a tool on top of the fondant and that will leave a faint impression or guide to what you want. Then write over it in icing, edible marker, or 'paint'. I have done that and it works very well.
Good luck!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 9

I did something kind of similar. I used rice paper and put lined paper underneath (so my writing would be straight) and then used an edible marker to write the words I needed.

An edible image would give you a nicer look, but if you're in a pinch this works.

You could always print the words for you to "trace" if you needed to as well, I can write decently in calligraphy so I just winged it like I always do! lol
LL

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 9

Your writing is beautiful! great job! I could never do that.

If I were going to do the cake mentioned above Id just use an edible image. Make it easy on myself. No stress. icon_smile.gif

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 9

Tina, what a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for being so sharing in ideas.

sheena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Posted 28 May 2010 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 9

Edible image printed on rice paoer worked great for me.

megan81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megan81 Posted 29 May 2010 , 4:53am
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much for the replies!!! thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead your writing is BEAUTIFUL!!! Wish I could write half as well as that icon_lol.gif

Ok this might sound silly but can someone give me some info on how to do these ediable images?? I'm fairly new to all this cake decorating and have only taught myself as there are no course around here at all.

icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:49pm
post #9 of 9

you need a printer, either brand new or one that's never been used with regular ink, then you need to equip it with edible ink and get "frosting sheets" to print the image onto.

OR you can print out a photo of the letters you'd like and find a grocery store or party store that has an edible image printer and have them print it for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%