"fancy" 69 Birthday Cake

Decorating By Marcelita Updated 29 May 2010 , 11:56pm by lizabu

Marcelita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marcelita Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 6

Hello. this is what my client asked (her best friend is turning 69 years old): "the number 69 has to be suggestive (if you know what I mean), but I also want a classy and fancy looking cake". How do I do this? Help!!

5 replies
au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 6

In my opinion.... the number itself takes care of the suggestiveness (is that a word) of it? LOL.

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 6

Depending on how "suggestive" you want to be, how about making the "69" out of 2 bodies - male and female - they don't necessarily have to be "in the buff" to get the point across. HTH

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:47am
post #4 of 6

Is your clients best friend a girl or a male? You could used the number itself as "suggestive" as it is ! maybe to make it more naughty , shape it like CWIL said to form a woman and a man's sexy body ! great ideas .

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 29 May 2010 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 6

What about turning the numbers into a sort of aerial view of a couple ballroom dancing? The tails of the 6 and 9 are their arms, around each other, and the loops are their heads and the main part of their bodies. You know?

So you have the idea of the 69 being a male-female coupling, but also the elegance and class of the couple wearing black tie.

lizabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabu Posted 29 May 2010 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 6

Maybe have large 6 and a 9 shaped cakes on top of a cake board or slab cake that is littered with gumpaste lingerie strewn about

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%