Whipped Cream Stabilizer

Decorating By Awent9

Awent9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Awent9 Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 1

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this question... but here it goes!

I asked at my work if they could order me some whipped cream stabilizer. I always worry about whipped cream breaking down sitting in the case for a long time so I've always been scared to decorate cakes with it. But I love the idea and the taste!

Currently we use this frozen whipped topping that comes in a pasty bag with a tip ready to thaw and use. However, when the topping sits out for more than probably a few hours to a day, the outside of the cake almost solidifies and becomes almost tough and rubbery.

We apparently have some whipped cream stabilizer at work, but no one knows how old it is, and its not in its original container so I can't find that out (if it even goes bad) or how much to use!

So I guess its actually a couple of questions... should I use this old stabilizer, or push for new? if I do use it how much should I use? do i actually need to use the stabilizer or is there anything else I could use?

is there any way to avoid the frozen topping getting that nasty rubbery texture? thanks everyone... I think thats it...

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%