Extender And "add Pudding"

Baking By Skidoochic Updated 26 May 2010 , 8:37pm by Skidoochic

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 5

I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but can someone explain to me when you use the extender recipes on CC and when you use the recipes that say add a box of pudding?

I am doing a full sheet cake that I need to torte and fill. I am looking for a cake that will bake up the full 4" and not overflow and be firm enough I can torte, but moist enough it still tastes good (not asking for a lot, huh? icon_lol.gif ) So would I use an extender recipe or would I just add an egg, sour cream and pudding?

4 replies
Skidoochic Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

OK so some how I missed the post "Why put pudding in a cake" below! Sorry! I guess you put pudding in to make it moist and dense and you use an extender recipe when you don't have enough batter for the pan.

Thanks and sorry for the double post.

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 26 May 2010 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the post; I never knew the difference and your post explains it perfectly!

KristasKakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasKakes78 Posted 26 May 2010 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 5

The recipe called"durable cake for 3d and wedding" is in the most saved recipe section. It tastes great in any flavor and is moist but dense enough to carve or torte.
All of the reviews on this recipe are great.

Skidoochic Posted 26 May 2010 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Krista - I will look for it and mpetty, that is just my conclusion - but I am happy you concur! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%