Beach Theme Baby Shower

Decorating By southwesterncakediva Updated 26 May 2010 , 4:20pm by respectablecakes

southwesterncakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southwesterncakediva Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

I will making a cake for my cousin baby shower next month. She is going beach theme in light green and yellow. I want to make a belly cake but am not sure how to incorporate into theme it also has to serve 50 people. Please help!!

4 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 5

Not a fan of belly cakes...I'd much rather do a beach scene with babies playing in the sand...BUT the only way I can think you'd tie this in is to put the belly into a hawaiian print mumu. Most people see hawaiian print and think Hawaii/sand/beach so that might work.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:34am
post #3 of 5

I don't like belly cakes either, but it seems obvious to me how you would do one with a beach theme. Just dress the torso in a green and yellow bikini.

Maybe add a beach towel draped over the shoulder or something like that.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

I'd do a beach, with a little water on the side, If you really wanted a belly I'd put it in the in the sand, I'd 'bury' a pregnant lady- that would tie in the 'belly' you want to do, but covered in sand. Just put her feet sticking out with flipflops, and a floppy hat instead of a head.

respectablecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
respectablecakes Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 5

The belly cake is cute if u didnt have a theme for the baby shower. i would just do a bikini with sand castles, umbrellas then around the belly do sand with baby rattles and bottles around the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%