Help With A Skyline Cake

Decorating By patticake1951 Updated 25 May 2010 , 9:06pm by patticake1951

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 6

My dd and I are making a cake for my other dd's music magazine party in june and she wants us to do a small replica of the Nashville skyline or something similar. Anyone ever done anything like this? I am thinking of maybe some stacked cakes on a sheetcake. any help will be appreciated. TIA
http://z.about.com/d/nashville/1/0/L/h/1/NashvilleSkyline19.JPG

5 replies
ChristysCakes88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristysCakes88 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 6

This is just an idea....Have you thought about doing a stacked cake and then making the skyline out of pastillage? Or even hand painting them on the tiers? I have seen cakes done like this with the pastillage and they look really nice. JMO! icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 6

Hmmmm - i think it is Indydeb who has donE a skline cake.
From memory it was a white cake and the skyline was done in black - looked impressive.

I just *googled - images* of (skulie cakes and there are PAGES to look at.
hth.
http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=skuline+cakes&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Bluehue

patticake1951 Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for the links and ideas. We will come up with something. She is full of ideas, so I will let her pick one out that she thinks we can do.
Thanks again.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 6

I made my skyline out of chocolate .... melted and poured chocolate into an 18x26 baking sheet, then using paper templates, cut out the building sillouettes.

The only caution is delivery .... don't let the sun shine in thru the delivery vehicle windows!!! bad. very bad. very very. icon_cry.gif

patticake1951 Posted 25 May 2010 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 6

thanks Indydebi, I will remember that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%