Has Anyone Tried Chef Duff's Fondant Yet.

Decorating By dweddings Updated 25 May 2010 , 1:22pm by charlene008

dweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dweddings Posted 25 May 2010 , 9:43am
post #1 of 7

If anyone has tried it does it taste good? Does it roll out well?

6 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 11:53am
post #2 of 7

It is actually just another name brand product repackaged with his name on it. Can't remember which name brand though. I'll never buy it because the cost is way to $$$$$ for me.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 7

I think I read on another thread that it is Fondex.

I purchased the brown with a 50% coupon, so it cost me $10 for 2 lbs. For me, the price was fine that way since I don't have the time or energy right now to make my own. My local restaurant supply store sells 2 lbs of Satin Ice for $15, so this actually was $5 less, and much closer to my house. I only make cakes for family, so buying in smaller amounts is better for me.

It was chocolate flavored, like a Tootsie Roll. It was good but very soft. Maybe that's because of the chocolate. If I need brown, black, or red fondant, I would definitely buy again. (As long as I can use the 50% off coupon!)

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 7

I just read that it is Fonderific. In fact there is another thread on this subject going on right now.

If you do a forum search for Duff fondant, you will see that it has been discussed. Possibly you can find an answer to your question there.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 7

I knew it was something starting with the letter F! I've never tried either one, so had not clue! Thanks for the correction.

Oh, I should also mention that I have heard that Duff has his name on two different brands of fondant, sold at different places. The one I bought was from Michaels. (I think the other brand might have been Satin Ice.)

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

I have tried Duff' buttercream flavoured white fondant. It tastes great is very soft and not white but a cream colour. It is expensive but with the coupon not to bad for me as I don't use alot of fondant. I did buy the red and black as those coulours are so hard to make but not tried them yet.

charlene008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlene008 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 7

I have not tried it yet myself, but since I need a brown fodant for a wedding cake coming up, I'm thinking that it would be easier than mixed to get the correct color. That would be the only way I would purchase it, for the colors, and of course with a Michaels coupon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%