Flavor Sugarshack's Recipe Cheesecake Flavor? Help!

Baking By Loucinda Updated 30 May 2010 , 1:23am by sugarshack

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 24 May 2010 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 11

I have a huge cake this weekend, and they want cheesecake flavored icing...I have played with some recipes this week, and NONE of them perform flawlessly like sugarshacks......any ideas on how to make it that flavor...it is for this weekend, and I don't have any lorann cheesecake oil flavoring here.

Sharon.....HELP!

10 replies
BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:11am
post #2 of 11

I'll be in C-bus tomorrow or Wednesday, I can pick up some Lorann's from Happy Hostess or Cake Craft for you if you need.

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:22am
post #3 of 11

Try CVS at the Rx counter!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 11

I've added cheesecake pudding (dissolve first in a small amount of liquid so it's not too grainy), and a dram of LorAnn's to Sugarshack's recipe very successfully!

Loucinda Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:58am
post #5 of 11

bigsis -that would be great if you are going to be there anyways....don't make a special trip for just that though. I appreciate your offer! Give me a call and I will come and get it.

I just got a call from the bride, and she wants me to meet her in Columbus on Wednesday to get the crystal band for the cake - so I can probably get it myself too....BUT I would rather have too much than not enough!

emiyeric - what recipe amount are you using? (I make the 6 qt. one) Do you just use a small box of the pudding.....I appreciate you trying to help me out.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:53am
post #6 of 11

Cake Craft doesn't carry it and I didn't find any at Happy Hostess last week, FYI.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 11

I make the 5qt amount, and can add one small package of pudding and 1-2 drams of cheesecake flavoring, depending on the intensity of flavor I want (I usually add more when adding a hint of another flavor as well, such as melted chocolate for chocolate cheesecake filling or something along those lines). Come to think of it, I also did it once with an 8-oz pack of cream cheese whipped with the pudding filling (dissolved in small amount of liquid) and one dram of Lorann's, and then added that into the buttercream. VERY tasty!

Loucinda Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:26pm
post #8 of 11

I got the LorAnn's! Happy Hostess had it, so I am good to go. Thanks for all the suggestions....I will be making icing on Friday. icon_smile.gif

(and thank you Lady for making sure there was some there for me!) thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:32am
post #9 of 11

Well, shoot! I guess I must have been there before a delivery or something? They were out of quite a few things. One the other hand, I hadn't been there in years and years so I was gawking at stuff and may have missed it. LOL Glad you were able to get it!

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:52am
post #10 of 11

Glad you got it! I was going to call you tomorrow to see if you still needed it as my cake shopping got pushed back.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 30 May 2010 , 1:23am
post #11 of 11

let me know how that works. I have never varied my recipe so I am curious myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%