Need Advice On How To Make A Few Things.

Decorating By holliellen Updated 24 May 2010 , 9:39pm by Texas_Rose

holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 24 May 2010 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 4

I am making this cake for a 2 year olds bday. I saw it online. Here is the link. www.flickr.com/photos/sutterby/3319933970/. I need to know what everyone would make the tractor on the bottom out of and how they would do the boots. Also, should I do the animals and the fence out of gumpaste or fonant. I am new and have only worked with fondant. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 24 May 2010 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 4

I forgot to ask if anyone knows where I can get a big 2 cutter like the one shown on here. I haven't seen one online. Thanks!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 May 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 4

since it's for a 2 year old I would probably do all of the modeling out of fondant or modeling chocolate. Most likely they will try to be eaten.

For the boots, I would probably make them out of Rice Krispy treats and then cover in buttercream and fondant.

for the #2 I would just print out a 2 in the font that you want from Word and then use it as a template and cut it out of gumpaste with an exacto knife

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 May 2010 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 4

Here's a pattern for boots: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1568302

I would make the boots from gumpaste, I think they'd be a nightmare to make otherwise.

The animals and fence could be made from fondant pretty easily.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%