Help - Butterfly Cutter Needed Asap!

Baking By Kimmers971 Updated 25 May 2010 , 12:32am by cakes47

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I'm trying to find a butterfly profile cookie cutter - see attached pic for idea. I've searched online for butterfly cookie cutter and all I get are the regular view. Thanks!
LL

4 replies
cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 5

There is one in this set, it's cute, but not a large cookie cutter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STAINLESS-COOKIE-CUTTER-EASTER-6-pcs-LOT-WHOLESALE-/220464607038?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3354b6ef3e

What about using a regular butterfly cutter, trimming off one wing and using the body and one wing?

I had emailed Eric from ecrandal in the past and told him that we needed a profile butterfly -- they would make a pretty addition to other butterfly cookies.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:02am
post #3 of 5

Use a regular butterfly cutter and cut out your cookie. Then cut one of the wings off. That might work......

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:22am
post #4 of 5

If that's the exact cutter you want and you can't find it, take a piece of heavy cardstock, trace it and cut it out. Go around it with an exacto knife on your cookie dough. It will take a bit longer, but you will have the style you want, without going crazy looking for that particular cutter.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:32am
post #5 of 5

I was going to suggest using a regular one too and cutting it in half. Half the time to
cut out all your butterflies by doing this. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%