Stabilized Whipped Icing

Decorating By shelleybeen Updated 24 May 2010 , 2:31am by prterrell

shelleybeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleybeen Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:10am
post #1 of 6

... I know the answer, I think, but just so I can make sure I've exhausted my resources <g>, I have a bride who wants stabilized whipped icing on her cake.

That wouldn't be a problem except for the string work which is not going to resist gravity at that consistency.

She also wants lily of the valley on it. Another one that I just don't think will work with SWI.

Any ideas? I told her from the beginning this may not be possible in SWI and may have to be buttercream but if you know a trick or tip, I'm all ears!

Thanks!!! icon_surprised.gif)

Shell

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:12am
post #2 of 6

By Stabilized Whipped Icing, do you mean Stabilized Whipped Cream?

shelleybeen Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 6

The icing that you make with gelatin and whipped cream and sugar, yes.

Shell icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:25am
post #4 of 6

You're right, you can't do the things she's asking out of whipped cream. She probably wants whipped cream because she doesn't like criscocream. Have her try IMBC or SMBC, she'll probably like those and you can use those to do the piping. And you can always do whipped cream as the filling.

shelleybeen Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:28am
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much. Believe it or not, in 12 years this is the first request I've gotten for it.

She wants a white/almond cake and strawberry filling so no whipping cream for her! LOL

I appreciate the quick response! Thanks for being so helpful!

Blessings,
Shell

prterrell Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

You're welcome! IMBC/SMBC will go great with that cake flavor and filling. You could always offer to do a small cake for just her and the groom that doesn't have any deco on it that is iced in whipped cream (at an extra charge, of course).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%