Whipped Icing Recipes..please

Decorating By CC22504 Updated 24 May 2010 , 7:06pm by CC22504

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 24 May 2010 , 12:32am
post #1 of 3

I took a Wilton class and my instructor says I am extremely "heavy handed' when icing my cakes. I even bought and icing tip to put the icing on the cake..however as I start to spread it..I still see cake..and the edges are especially bad icon_sad.gif I put more icing on the cake..then the icing starts to droop and it looks horrible! I do not know how to fix this problem.. So i was thinking if I learned how to make whipped icing(like the kind that comes in the can)then I won't have to worry about having "peek a boo' cake showing from behind my buttercreme or even have to worry about it being smooth thumbs_up.gif I'm in the south and most people want buttercreme or some form of icing not fondant. I am trying to get them to be a "more kindler and gentlier" people toward fondant but so far thumbsdown.gif

So please help! Any recipes and suggestions.

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #2 of 3

I suggest switching from Wilton's criscocream to a real buttercream, such as IMBC or SMBC (do a search, there's a TON of info on here about them). They are much easier to smooth.

CC22504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC22504 Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply! I actually found a recipe up here..It is called whipped cream buttercream frosting. So I will try it and see if it works out. The IMBC and the SMBC look yummy as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%