What Brand Of Fondant Do You Use

Decorating By Lori00 Updated 28 May 2010 , 10:45am by Sweet_Guys

Lori00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori00 Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking to buy fondant in 20 lb buckets and was wondering what brand is best. So if anyone can give me their opinion on the ones they use it would be most helpful because I don't want to waste my money. Thanks!

Lori

6 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 27 May 2010 , 6:34am
post #2 of 7

I use Albert Uster's Massa. Love that stuff. Have also used and liked chocopan and fondariffic....but go back to Massa every time.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 7

SatinIce. Good price, easy to source, performs fine, tastes good.

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 7

leah_s, do you ever have any problems with SatinIce? I've read some posts where others say they think it's too soft. Do you only use it to cover cakes or do you also use it for modeling figures, making flowers, etc.? Thanks and thanks to the OP for asking this question!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 7

I use Fondx mostly. It works fine for me and tastes good too.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 7

I really don't make figures all the often and I make flowers (if I don't just buy them) out of gumpaste. So, yes SAtinIce for covering cakes only. I have not experienced the problems I've read about on here.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 28 May 2010 , 10:45am
post #7 of 7

We use Fondarific all the time....People love eating the fondant, in addition to the cake, because of the flavors...

In the 10 lb tubs, they make buttercream, vanilla, and chocolate...If you call them, they may be able to make larger batches for you.

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%