Graduation Cake Help...i Have No Ideas

Decorating By suzannette Updated 23 May 2010 , 5:39am by mbark

suzannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannette Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:59am
post #1 of 2

I have two cakes for next weekend for graduation. Both will be at the same party but are for two different schools. They are both going to be 1/4 sheet cakes.

The girl - colors are red/white; mascot is tiger; she wasnt into sports or anything just academics; she will be going to college at Baylor in the fall

The boy - colors are orange/white; mascot is a yegua; he lettered in baseball; he is unsure where he is going still but maybe to TSTC in Waco

for the boy cake, i did his older brothers cake last year with a big '09 in the middle with grad cap hanging sideways off the 9...the only idea i could come up with was similar so i scratched it.

the mom said she would like a cap and diploma if i could figure out what to do with them...i am just out of ideas and i dont want them to look exactly alike or like their older brothers cake from last year

PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 reply
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:39am
post #2 of 2

hmm- for her, what about red & white dots around the sides, a chocolate or bc transfer of the lion in one corner & a little chocolate or fondant grad cap and diploma in the other.
for him, orange & white stripes around the sides, chocolate or bc transfer of the yegua (not sure what that is LOL) in one corner & baseball and baseball bat fondant cutouts in the other corner.
with some kind of congratulations wording on each.
good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%