Satin Ice In Canada

Decorating By Ocean23 Updated 23 May 2010 , 3:49am by cakesrock

Ocean23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ocean23 Posted 22 May 2010 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone know where I can order Satin Ice from in Canada for the lowest price - my only options for premade fondant in my area are wilton, Duff and Virgin Ice - I have heard good things about satin Ice but I don't want shipping to cost me a bundle. I like Duff because it is pre-colored but it is pricey - just looking for some options - Thanks!

6 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 7

Where are you located?
I'm in the GTA the cheapest place I have found SI is L&M bakery supplies, for a little bit more and excellent customer service (a loads more tools) I go to Flour Confections in Pickering - (they have an on-line shop). You can also check out Golda's, McCalls, and Icing Inspirations (Kitchener area)

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 23 May 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 7

I buy mine from Golda`s Kitchen or Flour Confections. Golda`s also has fondarific if you are interested in trying that.

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 23 May 2010 , 2:02am
post #4 of 7

I'm in Alberta and get mine from CakeMischief. They ship too and there prices are in Canadian, no GST and reasonable I think.

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:14am
post #5 of 7

I use Golda's a lot and Flour Confections. I currently have both SI and Fondarific sitting in my basket at Golda's just waiting to be ordered. (I'm feeling guilty about spending so much cake money lately LOL ) The shipping isn't too bad for my order considering I have 4lbs of fondant and a bunch of other stuff - about $9.50.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:37am
post #6 of 7

If you're near the QC-NY border, GSA has a store in Plattsburgh and their fondant prices are dirt cheap!!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:49am
post #7 of 7

They sell it at my local cake decorating store in Calgary. But Cake Mischief is a good price - I have ordered from there too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%