SomBud57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomBud57 Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

how to remove condensation on cake covered in fondant

6 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 7

You don't. Did you refrigerate your cake? This is one reason I don't ever refrigerate my cakes. I don't use perishable fillings so there is never a need to. Just wait for the cake to come to room tempature and the condensation will clear up on it's own. Do not touch your cake until it's completely dry or you'll leave marks and fingerprings.

SomBud57 Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 7

I am asking for someone else, and she did put the cake in the fridge. She made her first fondant covered wedding cake for a friends wedding that is to take place in a few hours. She called frantic for advice on what to do. I have made hundreds of wedding cakes but only one covered in fondant.I will tell her to be patient and it should clear up. Thanks!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 7

tell her not to touch it either. If she touches it will leave fingerprints and marks in the colouring!

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 7

I was told that if you put it in the fridge to leave it in a sealed cake box so the the temp change is gradual this creates less moisture on the surface.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomBud57

I am asking for someone else, and she did put the cake in the fridge. She made her first fondant covered wedding cake for a friends wedding that is to take place in a few hours. She called frantic for advice on what to do. I have made hundreds of wedding cakes but only one covered in fondant.I will tell her to be patient and it should clear up. Thanks!

'
If the wedding is in a few hours it needs to be out of the fridge now anyway. Serving cold cake is a bad idea.

SomBud57 Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 7

I am a little confused about putting fondant in the fridge. I like to watch cake decorating shows on tv, and often times they will say they are putting the cake in the fridge to finish the following day.Do the cameras just cut away when the cakes are being boxed and unboxed?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%