Photo On Fondant

Decorating By moonyqtr Updated 23 May 2010 , 12:47pm by moonyqtr

moonyqtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonyqtr Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 5

how can i print a photo .. like a real person photo or something on fondant ?
i heard that there is and edible fondant sheet .. if anyone can tell how can i get these sheets and what is the process in printing ?

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 5

you must have a dedicated printer that is used only for edible ink, you can not interchange it with regular ink. Icing Images and Kopykake are 2 suppliers that come to mind. Or if you don't want to invest in the equipment, many supermarkets or ice cream shops will print a photo for you on an edible sheet (as long as it is not a copyrighted image) and then you place it right on top of the fondant. HTH

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 May 2010 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

You actually only want to consider purchasing a system if you are printing at least once per week. Otherwise, it really isnt worth it. There are many people who sell just the images on ebay. Some local grocery stores may print them for you as well.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 23 May 2010 , 8:04am
post #4 of 5

If you have a cake supply store in town they can do it for you. We have two cake supply stores one charges 10.00 and the other 12.50. I made a Raiders helmet and needed the logo so I had them print four logos on one sheet. I figured I would at least be able to get two cakes out of one sheet. Sugarcraft can do it for you. There are also some stores on Ebay that offer this service.

moonyqtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonyqtr Posted 23 May 2010 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 5

I'll try contacting the bakery around me .. because i just started my cupcake business..i don't think that i'll be using it that much but i checked Icing Images ..it's great for the moment .. but the orders add up ..i'll consider buying the printer

thank you very much for you information

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%