Dance Theme

Decorating By pinksugarmama Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:19am by hollyml

pinksugarmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinksugarmama Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 3

I need some ideas for a dance theme cake that is not Ballet. All I can think of is music notes, lol. Please help. I think it is for a dance teacher. They have requested " thank you miss sue"

2 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 3

How about dancer sillouettes around the cake and a disco ball as a topper.

Here's a link to sillouettes that you could use if you chose to go this route. icon_smile.gif

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=dancer+silhouette&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=iNH3S-amCoH58Aap1omTCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQsAQwAA

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:19am
post #3 of 3

What kind of dance does she teach? Tap, jazz, hip hop, ballroom, folk, aerobics, what?

You could do shoes and leotards, whatever fits the type of dance. That or silhouettes of dancers are probably the most common decorative motif on things like gear bags and gifts. Or sometimes you see things that say "5 6 7 8" or phrases like "gotta dance" or "love to dance" or just "DANCE." icon_smile.gif Sometimes with swirls or stars or whatever.

Footprints, like Arthur Murray steps, you know? With or without directional arrows. icon_smile.gif Something like this.

Flowers work, too...a bouquet of roses is the most traditional "thank you" to dancers at the end of a performance, as it is with actors and musicians. You could do something with a theater curtain and spotlights, maybe...but again it sort of depends what type of dance they're talking about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%