Tips On Traveling With Cakes To Venue...

Decorating By onlymadaresane Updated 23 May 2010 , 4:27am by indydebi

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:59am
post #1 of 9

Any tips and suggestions?

8 replies
nikinoonie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikinoonie Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 9

I watched Amazing wedding cakes the other day and noticed that they box up the cake, no matter how large. I don't know what size you're making, but I just made a two tier and am lining a sams' club sized huggies box (it's a baby shower cake too icon_smile.gif It just fits the 12" cake board that I'm using. I cut out the front of the box so that it will fold all the way down. This way I can slide the cake in, tape up the sides, then cut the tape when i get there. I'll also cover the top with saran wrap since the cake is buttercream frosted. Good luck!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikinoonie

I cut out the front of the box so that it will fold all the way down. This way I can slide the cake in, tape up the sides, then cut the tape when i get there. I'll also cover the top with saran wrap since the cake is buttercream frosted. Good lu!

thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 May 2010 , 6:45am
post #4 of 9

what kind of specific question do you have? This question, as presented, is pretty broad. There are lots of factors and techniques, depending on the type of cake, size of cake, type of roads (hilly, curvy, mountains), weather (minnesota snow or texas heat?), etc. Is there something in particular that concerns you?

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 22 May 2010 , 7:45am
post #5 of 9

Get some shelf liner to put under cake when transporting. It will keep your cake from sliding around.

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 9

I always, always use the no skid shelf liner..works like a charm!

onlymadaresane Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 9

Well I didn't have a specific question in mind...just those little tips. I'm going to box up the cakes now, and dig out that no slip stuff.

We're planning on loading both deliveries up in the back and going from one to another vs coming back to load the other...I figure AC on in the car at full blast should help.

onlymadaresane Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 9

I should add- they're buttercream...(no butter) and it's getting humid today. I will surely get my first gray hair today.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:27am
post #9 of 9

I hardly ever run my A/C anymore. Most of last summer, my A/C was on the fritz, so all cakes were delivered in a non-a/c'd van. No issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%