Hibiscus Using Brush Embroidery Technique?

Decorating By Cara425 Updated 22 May 2010 , 1:29am by Marianna46

Cara425 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cara425 Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:05am
post #1 of 3

Hi icon_smile.gif

I was asked to do a hibiscus/hawiian themed graduation cake in a few weeks. I am at a loss on how to create this. Would it be best to try and create it with the Wilton brush embroidery technique? I wouldn't even know where to look for a mold or a cutter to help start off the design. My free-hand artistry is nowhere near where I would like it to be!

Thanks everyone!
~Cara

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:23am
post #2 of 3

HI, most cake decorating suppliers will have the hibicus cutters. Globalsugarart.com does. Also you could look at pics of hibiscus on the internet and get a pattern like that. You could look at clipart.com, and get a pic from there. there are so many ways of getting the pattern. The brush embroidery would look beautiful. Or if you had the cutters, cut out with fondant or chocolate clay and lay out on your cake . There are some cakes in the gallery, that would give you lots of inspiration. i hope you good luck with your cake. hth

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:29am
post #3 of 3

I made a Hawaiian cake last year. I didn't have any cutters, so I bought a silk hibiscus, took it apart and cut a pattern from one of the petals. I did this with a frangipani for the same cake and a silk tulip on another occasion, too. It works pretty well, and the way the silk petals are formed gives you a good idea of how to flair, thin, cup and ruffle the gumpaste petals after you cut them out. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%