How Far In Advance. Please Help!!!

Decorating By hugs28 Updated 21 May 2010 , 2:45pm by cakesbymark

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 7

I posted in cupcakes, but didn't get response, I need to find out asap so I can let them know what to do. thanks all

I got an order to do 150 cupcakes and a 6" round to all go on a tiered stand for a baby shower.

After I talked to this guy for some time, took his order, he said ok etc.... then I realized I will be on vacation the weekend he needs this done. I have spoken to him about it, but I just had a thought and wanted to ask you.

We are leaving to go on Friday mid morning/afternoon. The shower is for Sunday. Do you think if I make the cupcakes and give them to him on Friday that they will still be ok on Sunday at noon for the party.

The cakes will be chocolate. The round will have duce de leche mousse in the center. It will be covered in fondant with fondant accents, half of the cupcakes will have butter cream on them instead of fondant. Do you guys think this will work out? So they will sit for 2 days before being displayed.

the other thing I wanted to ask, is does anyone know where I can get a cheap cupcake stand that will hold 150 cupcakes with the cake on top, or how I can make one fairly cheap but sturdy to hold it all?

thanks so much, I don't want to let this guy down. I came highly recommended to him. thanks all

6 replies
Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 7

You should be fine.
The only thing is that you did not list the ingredients of the mousse. Make sure that the products are kept in a cool location and they should all be fine.
Sorry about the stand, I have no suggestions for that.
Bake well.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 7

Yaknow, I'd say OK on the cake, but in my experience cupcakes dry out pretty fast.

hugs28 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 7

I have to look for a recipe, I will look now and reply back with whats in it

hugs28 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 7

looks like the easiest recipe for it would be the dulce de leche and whipped cream to make the mousse. I was worrying about the fondant getting to dry or whatever. How do you store something done in fondant for 2 days before using?

hugs28 Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 7

anyway to store/wrap the cupcakes so they don't dry out?

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugs28

looks like the easiest recipe for it would be the dulce de leche and whipped cream to make the mousse. I was worrying about the fondant getting to dry or whatever. How do you store something done in fondant for 2 days before using?

just place your fondant covered cake in its cake box in a cool dry room..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%