Discontinued Products?

Decorating By susanmc Updated 24 May 2010 , 9:54pm by CrazyCatLady

susanmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmc Posted 21 May 2010 , 12:28am
post #1 of 5

I am trying to locate white plastic scrolls (looks like white frosting) that can be stuck into the side of a cake to simulate piping. Wilton made these several years ago, but has discontinued them. icon_sad.gif

Any idea where I might find some? My local cake shop hasn't had them for a long time, and I've not been able to find them on line.


4 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:14am
post #2 of 5

This may sound crazy, but I'd give this hardware store a call! I don't know if they would do mail order or not though...


I was on vacation a month ago and my uncle took me there because they have 2 large aisles of cake decorating items, many of which were older stock!

Lanier's Hardware
218 South Main Street
Lexington, North Carolina 27292
(336) 248-5938

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:30am
post #3 of 5

Try www.Kakekreations.com

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCatLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCatLady Posted 24 May 2010 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 5

I am assuming that you are trying to find Wilton item # 1004-2801:

but there is another version, item# 1004-2100, on Ebay right now:


There are multiple packages for sale (8 right now) on that auction, and they might be a decent substitute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%