Cupcakes Cake

Baking By dreyna16 Updated 20 May 2010 , 3:26am by lorilori

dreyna16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreyna16 Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:02am
post #1 of 5

Any idea on tutorials on how to make a cupcakes cake? I have to make one of the Little Mermaid

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:11am
post #2 of 5

I'd google "how to make a little mermaid cupcake cake". You can also try youtube.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

I'd google "how to make a little mermaid cupcake cake". You can also try youtube.

I agree! also I saw at the store when they were making a cupcake cake they use the icing tip (the big one) and then use the smaller ones to decorate.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:07am
post #4 of 5

Arrange your cupcakes in the shape you want on the board. I recommend putting a dot of frosting under the outer cupcakes to kinda glue the design in place. Using a regular decorating bag with an open coupler, pipe an "outline" around the entire mass of cupcakes, this will help your edges look clean. Then start filling in a few of the gaps if there are some. I always try to arrange the cupcakes in a honeycomb pattern rather than a grid just so there isn't a whole lot of frosting in the cracks, but sometimes that isn't possible. So I fill in those cracks with a little glob or strip of frosting. Then, using a speed icer, pipe out strips of frosting covering the entire cupcake cake. Smooth it over with an offset spatula, Viva if necessary and yo'ure done.

Ohhh, so are my chicken nuggets, timers going off! icon_smile.gif

lorilori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorilori Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:26am
post #5 of 5

There is a tutorial on this site for "how to make a frozen buttercream transfer" that demonstrates on a cupcake cake. Sounds like it would be just what you are after! I will try to post the link...

http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%