Sugarshacks Buttercream And Question About Other Flavors

Decorating By klj0207 Updated 20 May 2010 , 10:41pm by MadMillie

klj0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klj0207 Posted 19 May 2010 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 4

I'm wanting to try sugarshacks recipe, but I know I have to order the wedding bouquet flavor. What other flavors can be used? Like regular vanilla or clear vanilla? And I have another question about the LorAnn flavors. How much do you add and to what? They arent very big, so i know you cant add much!

3 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 4

I have used quite a few of the LorAnn products, and with a few exceptions, have been pleased with the quality. Be sure to buy the little droppers that screw on and you can control the amts better. Depending on how strong you need it, a few drops will flavor a full 4 quarts of BC. The flavor emulsions are a different matter. You measure the same as other "regular" extracts.
I like the wedding bouquet emulsion. I also like their "princess" product. It is up to you and your client as to the flavor profile you choose. Icing recipes are meant to be customized.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 4

We've used vanilla and lemon extract. They taste really good, too. Haven't actually tried Sharon's full recipe because (a) we use 100% butter in our buttercream and (b) I keep forgetting to order the wedding bouquet to try it!

Paul

PS: We make our own vanilla from beans and vodka....So it is WONDERFUL!!!!!

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 4

If you are looking for a buttery taste (I don't care for Wilton) try Vanilla Butter and Nut, it comes clear and is made by Superior Products.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%