How Do I Keep Air Bubbles From Forming In My Mmf?

Baking By Debi2 Updated 20 May 2010 , 3:19am by Debi2

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 19 May 2010 , 4:21am
post #1 of 3

How do keep air bubbles from forming in my MMF? I know some stick pins in them to get rid of the air pockets once the fondant has been applied to the cake, but I can never get the hole it makes to completely disappear when I do this. So, if there is a way to keep the air bubbles from forming in the MMF in the first place, I would love to know! Thanks for your help!

Debi

2 replies
luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 3

I always use a wooden rice paddle (larger surface area) rather than a wooden spoon to make mmf and when the marshmallows melt I use the paddle to "squish" the air out of the melted marshmallows plus when I'm kneading the fondant I try to keep squishing and incorporate as little air as possible into the mmf while I'm kneading - it works pretty wellicon_smile.gif

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:19am
post #3 of 3

I actually have a wooden rice paddle, I will give that a try! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Also, have you, or anyone else noticed a difference in the amount of air bubbles you get when using mini marshmallows vs. the reg. sized ones? I just wondered if the larger ones have more air in them which might contribute to more air in the finished fondant? Just a thought?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%