Anyone Ever Use Metallic Gold Spray??

Decorating By jfroman Updated 19 May 2010 , 3:04am by jfroman

jfroman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfroman Posted 18 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 5

I have a grad cake order and the school colors are black and gold-i don't have an airbrush, so i was looking into the metallic sprays and found one by chefmaster. My design has one layer with quite a good amount of gold coverage. If you have tried this before please let me know your thoughts on it so I dont buy it just to have to try to find something else later if its no good. Thanks so much for your time/opinions!!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 5

I used the PME gold and thought it was excellent. Doesn't go very far, though and the can was $12 I think.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I used the PME gold and thought it was excellent. Doesn't go very far, though and the can was $12 I think.

Same here.

The coverage info on the cans is wayyyyy off, if you want a strong gold.

Definitely start with a "gold"--dark yellow with a bit of brown in it--as your icing color so that you don't have to use a ton of spray.

Rae

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 5

I tried both the Chef Master & PME the PME is FAR superior!! When I used it I started with yellow fondant made it much easier to color.

jfroman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfroman Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:04am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your imput. I think I will go with the PME, and thanks for the tip on tinting the fondant first! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%