Orlando

Decorating By 2xMiMi Updated 18 May 2010 , 10:27pm by JCE62108

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 6

I will be coming to Orlando in July and am hoping someone can tell me where some good decorating supply stores are. I will be at a bowling tournament at Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Ctr on E. Colonial Drive.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 6

I think www.fondantsource.com is in the area (Kissimmee which is close by). I'm up in Jacksonville and plan on making a trip there myself in the near future.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 6

www.fondantsource.com is kinda far from Orlando. Well, I guess it depends on what part of Orlando you are going to. Also, I may be wrong, but I think he told me something about he will not be selling cake supplies at his store anymore because of the opening of his new warehouse or something? I could be totally wrong, but that is how I understood it. Maybe calling first would be good. Go to fondant source dot com to find his number, or else I can give it to you. It's on my speed dial. lol.

There is D&G Occasions right in downtown Orlando. They are at the intersection of highway 50 (Colonial) and Herndon. The street they are on is Herndon. They will have pretty much everything you need, but if you have a question for them, dont be surprised if they make you feel like your an inconvenience. I go there when I need something asap and dont have time to order it. Otherwise Id rather deal with www.fondantsource.com because they have wonderful customer service. Plus they are cheaper. icon_smile.gif

If you call www.fondantsource.com and find out they still have their cake stuff there then it would be worth the trip to see them. It's a HUGE store. I've only been there once but it was awesome. They had everything I needed and then some. D&G is smaller, cramped. I cannot bring my son there because if he is in the shopping cart, he can reach both sides of the aisles at the same time and pull off handfulls of chocolate molds and such. LOL. They have a lot of stuff though.

JCE62108 Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xMiMi

I will be coming to Orlando in July and am hoping someone can tell me where some good decorating supply stores are. I will be at a bowling tournament at Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Ctr on E. Colonial Drive.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

AH! I just noticed you said you'd be on colonial. I'm not sure which part of 50 you are talking about, but D&G is right off of 50 in down-town Orlando so that's probably your best bet. icon_smile.gif Good luck with your tournament! My hubby used to be a FANTASTIC bowler. He was even offered a sponsorship about 2 years ago. THen had to have back and knee surgery and that was that. Maybe once he heals he'll be able to get back into it. It was always his dream to be a pro. icon_biggrin.gif

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the info. I enjoy bowling but definately not pro. I enjoy the competition and meeting the people from different areas. It is a shame he had to give it up especially being so good.

JCE62108 Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 6

He tried bowling last week. It was the first time in about a year. It was hard with his knee, but he bowled a 180 or 189 or something like that, which is better than I thought he would do, considering his knee is so weak. I think he is going to start getting back into it. He just has to be more careful this time around. icon_smile.gif Good luck with your competition! Sounds like fun. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%