Stress Free Support System??

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 1:09am by sweettreat101

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 16

I did a search but didn't find anything but I have undoubtedly missed a thread icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

ANyway ... I've read a pile of stuff about SPS but have also come across this system. Are there any reviews abotu it? Anything good/bad indifferent?

Thanks

15 replies
CherylWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylWI Posted 17 May 2010 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 16

I have the stress free support system and swear by it. In all fairness, I have not used the other system, but I would never, ever go back to using dowels or straws. This system is THE best in my opinion!

The lady who started this company recently sold out to her daughter and son-in-law. I ordered my second set just recently and the customer service was just as good as it's always been.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 17 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 16

I HATE SPS icon_biggrin.gif I haven't tried the stress-free system, but have read only wonderful things. icon_rolleyes.gif

KTB4 Posted 18 May 2010 , 12:16am
post #4 of 16

Thanks for the input ladies icon_smile.gif While I like the disposability of the SPS idea, being in Canada sort of defeats the purpose since I get nailed with huge shipping and duty fees.

I'm thinking that while this one may be a bigger outlay and therefore require me to get it back, that it might be cheaper for me in the long run.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 18 May 2010 , 3:41am
post #5 of 16

i have 2 sets and use it all the time in cakes 3 tiers and higher. I take a deposit equal to the replacement cost + shipping for the rings im using in that particular cake. My customers dont seem to mind, especially when i explain i will be bringing their cake fully assembled because this system allows me to do that. It was a small investment but well worth it.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:39am
post #6 of 16

LOVE LOVE the stress frees!

KTB4 Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 16

I'm sad now because looking at the website it doesn't look as though they'll ship to me in Canada icon_sad.gif I may have to email them to beg if I decide to go this route lol

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 16

What is the stress free system????? I'd love to transport my cakes "stress free". icon_biggrin.gif

CherylWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylWI Posted 19 May 2010 , 12:28am
post #9 of 16

It's a system of steel rings and acrylic legs that screw onto the rings to support your tiers. The legs adjust for a perfect length. They also sell the acrylic plates, but I just use by standard wrapped cardboards, and they work fine.

http://www.stressfreecakes.com/public/

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 May 2010 , 1:00pm
post #10 of 16

I love my stress free supports. I give the customer a postage paid Priority mail box with their cake. That way, they can just throw the SFS in the box and drop it in the mail.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 12:30am
post #11 of 16

I saw the SFS at a demonstration by Chef Lodge this past week in Indianapolis. It looked awesome and everyone said they do the same thing, get a deposit for replacement cost and then if they don't get it back they can buy a replacement set. The demonstration by Chef Lodge was amazing too btw...he had the amethyst wedding cake and showed each technique.

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 12:45am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I love my stress free supports. I give the customer a postage paid Priority mail box with their cake. That way, they can just throw the SFS in the box and drop it in the mail.

I LOVE this!! Thanks, I think I'm going to steal this idea! icon_smile.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:19am
post #13 of 16

They do send to Canada,I recently contacted them icon_smile.gif
I think this is going to be my next cake buy!
Jodi icon_smile.gif

KTB4 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:47pm
post #14 of 16

THanks Jodi icon_smile.gif I did actually end up purchasing the SPS system. There was a big 20% off sale in the summer so I stocked up on pieces then. It wasn't too badly priced although shipping was crazy (imagine that icon_razz.gif ). I've been lucky in that when I've done cakes using the pieces for family and friends they've given them back to me to re-use yay!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:02pm
post #15 of 16

LOVE SPS! I seriously would never ever go back!! I've delivered 4 tier fully stacked cakes and its never failed me.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:09am
post #16 of 16

I made a wedding cake for a co worker several years ago and the cake had to travel for two hours. I told her that I would make the cake but she would have to purchase all of the ingredients and the stress free system. I told her that I would like to keep the stress free. I love the stress free system. Two coworkers came over and picked up the cake and then gave it to the groom who went shopping at Costco with the cake in the car then drove another 1 1/2 hours to the wedding over bumpy dirt roads. The cake made it there intact. I only have two of the rings but I did order a larger set of legs. Easy to adjust. They are a little pricey but well worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%