How To Make A Shell

Decorating By schatzi82 Updated 17 May 2010 , 9:37pm by schatzi82

schatzi82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schatzi82 Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 8

hi could someone please tell me how can i make an open shell, in which i wanna put a baby? please help me, have u got some step by step? thanx

7 replies
schatzi82 Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 8

nobody can help me?please!!!

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 8

I've only seen molds that can be used. In other threads in which the cake was ocean themed the advice has been to use molds. Google gumpast/fondant shell molds.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 8

Find a shell mold the size that you need, then paint a thin layer of chocolate or candy melts into it and let it harden, then pop it out and make another. Glue the two halves together with a little melted chocolate. You'll need to put a little more chocolate or a little fondant under the bottom shell to keep the whole thing steady. I've only done it with 2" shells, it may be trickier with bigger ones.

deedee1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee1120 Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 8

Bakerella has a unique way of making chocolate shells (using balloons). Check out her site, under Pudding Cups, for more info.
http://www.bakerella.com/pudding-cups/

I'll try to post the url, but not sure if it's going to work. Good luck!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 8

You can either buy a premade mold or make one yourself. You can also fake it with some fondant, and a trip to Wally World. They sell bags of seashells in their floral department. Find one that will fit the size of the baby you want. Wash it with soap and water and rinse really well. You can also use a piece of Press n Seal wrap and make sure its tight against it with no wrinkles. Spray it lightly with cooking spray.
Take your fondant and add some tylose to it. Press it into your shell. Make sure you dont make it too thick or it will take too long to dry. After 24hrs flip it out and let dry on the opposite side.

3LittleBeesCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3LittleBeesCookies Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 8

never thought of this! what a great tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

You can either buy a premade mold or make one yourself. You can also fake it with some fondant, and a trip to Wally World. They sell bags of seashells in their floral department. Find one that will fit the size of the baby you want. Wash it with soap and water and rinse really well. You can also use a piece of Press n Seal wrap and make sure its tight against it with no wrinkles. Spray it lightly with cooking spray.
Take your fondant and add some tylose to it. Press it into your shell. Make sure you dont make it too thick or it will take too long to dry. After 24hrs flip it out and let dry on the opposite side.

schatzi82 Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 8

thanx everybody...i'l try to do a mould!!!thanx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%